“The value of a new roof on your home can vary widely based on a number of factors. In general, a new roof can add between 15 and 40 percent to the value of your home. This means that a $100,000 home can become a $140,000 property simply with the addition of a new, modern roof. It also indicates that the more a home is worth, the more value it stands to gain from a new roof.” — Sapling
How a New Roof Increases Home Property Value:
- Curb Appeal — Your new roof will be streak-free, look clean and fresh, and feature modern colors and textures. While it may sound superficial, a new roof can make a 20 year old home look like new construction from the outside.
- Energy Efficiency — A quality roof installation will help keep your house cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. This saves money on utilities, and raises your property value by making your home more desirable from a practical perspective.
- Extends AC / Heater Lifespan — A roof that protects your home from extreme weather changes and temperatures is also beneficial to your AC Unit and Heater, extending their lifespan by saving them from working as hard. This is an obvious plus, since heating and cooling appliances are pricey to replace.
- Risk Reduction — A new roof greatly reduces your risk of leaks due to wear and tear. While decades of incessant Texas heat, beating winds, pounding hail, and the passing of time can leave a decades old roof weak and compromised, a new roof will eliminate leaks and vulnerabilities you might not even be aware of.
- Storm Damage Reduction — Needless to say, a new roof will hold up better against heavy winds, rain, and hail than an old roof. Newer, tougher shingles and materials will hold up better than older, weathered, and compromised installations.
- Better Warranties — A brand new roof has a brand new warranty, which should be transferable to a new homeowner. Needless to say, this is a big plus for prospective home buyers.